Sunday, April 22, 2012

Crawfish Boil


We were lucky enough to meet Kenny Tran "Tran-Man", one of Mayo's elite PMR residents  (and Rochester's top Chef) who invited us to an amazing Crawfish boil at one of his consultant's lake house this weekend. Needless to say, it was amazing. Tran-man never disappoints. You should try his Korean barbecue. He has definitely kept us well fed during our time in Rochester! Thanks again, Kenny for the invite. My love handle's and Aaron's beer belly thank you. 



I've never tried a Crawfish boil before. It's pretty gruesome, actually. They're basically little lobsters that you rip apart. Their claws are too small to eat, so you just eat the body- kind of like shrimp! But at least for shrimp, the body is larger than the head so you feel like you're actually eating something. Crawfish- there's not much meat at all and you end up throwing most of the thing away. It's such a waste, and I feel terrible for the poor things and their families. I hope you forgive us, Mr. Crawfish, your sacrifice is much appreciated.



Grace was definitely intrigued!




We spent most of the time on the porch, overlooking Zumbro lake. It was beautiful. I wish we could have a home like that someday! 




Have a good week, everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Great post!

    Please check out my blog, I would love to hear what you think of my latest post!

    xo
    Deanne

    MyFashAvenue.com

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Thanks for your wonderful comments